Sunday, May 9, 2010

A nice review about a recent IL bat presentation that I wanted to pass along!

I thoroughly enjoyed giving a bat presentation entitled "IL BATS: Insect Eating Machines" last week in beautiful Catlin Park in Ottawa, IL.  I just received the review below via e-mail from a nice lady who was instrumental in planning and putting on the recent LaSalle County, IL Eco Meet.  I just wanted to pass it along.

Photo caption: Dr. Todd Austin (a.k.a. "The Bat Doctor") displays a bat photo of 2 big brown bats that he worked with in the past, while standing next to the Eco Meet banners prior to his bat presentation at the successful 16th annual LaSalle County event on 5-6-10.


Dr. Austin,

Thank you for presenting such a fascinating program for our Eco Meet. Your carefully chosen words were certainly at an appropriate level for the students. Your facts were awesome! I think everyone who heard your program will remember some "bat facts" and hopefully share a concern for conservation of the "furry little winged ones". I enjoyed meeting you. I wish you great success in the forthcoming years.

-Kathy H.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Mississippi Valley Region
Ottawa, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment